Veterans, Educators, and Traditional Students
VETS is a strong student-veteran organization that has been on campus since 1972 and serves as UW–Madison’s local Student Veterans of America chapter.
University Health Services
Located at 333 East Campus Mall, University Health Services is the UW–Madison student health clinic, providing counseling, stress-reduction, and medical services.
Veterans Law Center
The Veterans Law Center is the UW–Madison Law School’s free walk-in legal clinic for low-income veterans and their families. Volunteer attorneys, along with paralegals and law students, provide brief legal advice, information, and referrals on a variety of civil legal matters.
Madison Veterans Center
Located at 1291 N. Sherman Ave., the Madison Vet Center offers readjustment counseling, marital and family counseling, job counseling, and more. See their webpage for eligibility.
Dane County Veterans Service Office
Every county in Wisconsin has a local veterans service office.
Greater University Tutoring Service (GUTS)
Free general university program available year round for the majority of subjects including math, biology, physics, chemistry, foreign languages, economics, statistics, and more. Services include two-hour weekly tutoring in groups of no more than six, as well as drop-in tutoring in College Library. Visit the website to find the drop-in schedule and office hours in the Student Activity Center. Call or email for more information: (608) 263-5666 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department-Specific Learning Centers
- Math Tutorial Program: Mandatory attendance at two 50-minute sessions per week
- Physics Learning Center: 2337/2338 Chamberlin Hall; for students in Physics 103, 104, 207, and 208
- Chemistry Learning Center: Open for the fall and spring semesters in room B311 of the Chemistry Building. Phone: (608) 265-5497 or email for more information.
- Business Learning Center: Sign up for office hours or group tutorials, or find online handouts and materials used in the tutorials.
- Engineering Undergraduate Learning Center: Free tutoring in chemistry, math, physics, computer science, and engineering in Wendt Library. Find their drop-in schedule or contact Jenny Binzley at (608) 265-1099 or by email.
- The Writing Center: Assistance for all aspects of your writing by appointment. (608) 263-1992 | 172 Helen C. White Hall
- Department of Statistics: Read their tutoring schedule.
Students using federal GI Bills can receive a supplemental payment for up to $100 a month for approved private tutors. You must be currently enrolled and at least half-time student status. Find more information at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs webpage on tutorial assistance. Students will need to fill out the application for individualized tutoring.
UW–Madison tutors approved for VA tutoring: