Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) Program is a peer support program that connects incoming undergraduate student veterans with current UW-Madison student veterans to help them navigate college life, identify challenges they are facing, refer them to the appropriate resource on or off campus, and provide ongoing support to their academic and personal goals.
INTERESTED IN JOINING PAVE?
Send an email to: email@example.com
New undergraduate student veterans will automatically be matched with a Peer Advisor prior to attending SOAR.
All participants in the PAVE program need to feel comfortable that the details of their conversations will be kept confidential. The thoughts, ideas, and personal identification information disclosed will not be shared outside of the University Veteran Services staff and your peer advisor. Keep in mind, the University Veteran Services staff has certain mandatory reporting obligations.
PAVE Peer Advisor Expectations
- Enjoy helping fellow veterans/service members in their transition to UW-Madison
- Communicate with peers 3-4 times per month (this can be in person, text, email, call, etc.)
- Take advisees to events held on campus
- Log all outreaches and interactions in an online management program
- Attend beginning of semester training
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings
- Ask for help from other peers, team leader, or University Veteran Services Staff
Time commitment: Approximately 4 hours in the first week of the term, then 5-10 hours per month.
2019-2020 Student Team Leader
No events returned.