Submit an Application
All veteran applicants must submit a complete application for admission. The application review process parallels that of other freshman and transfer applicants. While given special consideration, veterans are expected to cover required course work at a level of achievement similar to that noted on our general freshman and transfer admission requirements and expectation Web sites.
Our application deadlines are February 1 for the fall term and October 1 for the spring term. Applications received after these dates may be considered if the applicant's circumstance warrants.
Letter of Recommendation
We encourage veterans, active military service personnel, or other applicants who have been away from formal classroom teaching for an extended period to request a letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to their academic potential. This could be an employer (preferably a supervisor or manager), a program or departmental trainer, a commanding officer, or some other individual in an official instructional capacity.
Military Transfer Credit
Up to six credits in military science may be awarded for students who have completed basic training. In addition, we evaluate military transcripts for possible transfer credit. In general, learning experiences at military schools are occupational in nature and therefore not eligible for transfer credit. Courses must be similar in nature to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs to receive transfer credit.
Receive 6 credits for Basic Training: Enrolling students who have completed basic training will receive up to six transfer credits in military science per the approval of the ROTC unit commander. Take your DD214 to one of the ROTC units for validation, receive a memorandum awarding credits, and drop off memorandum at the Admissions Office.
The following MAY be eligible for transfer credit:
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF): Physical education courses only may be accepted for transfer credit.
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP): Credit is granted for an exam score of 65 when the examination was taken before a student completed 16 semester hours of college credit. Review our [CLEP Credit Guide] for more details.
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center: We accept up to 16 credits for sequential courses in a foreign language; we do not award transfer credit for language courses of an applied nature.
The following are NOT eligible for transfer credit:
- DANTES Standardized Subject Tests (DSST)
- Military Occupational Specialties courses, transcripted on AARTS or SMART transcripts.
In-State Tuition Rate for Non-Resident Veterans & Dependents
Army, Navy/Marine, and Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps programs at offered on campus. Contact the individual units for more information, or to receive 6 credit hours for completion of Basic Training.
Army ROTC | Navy/Marine ROTC | Air Force ROTC
Veterans applying as Freshman must also submit results from either the ACT or SAT.